Booking Terms & Conditions
– LOFTY Living Terms & Conditions –
- Minimum Stay – We require a 2-night minimum stay. Longer stays may be required during holiday periods or during summer season. You may request a shorter stay, with acceptance at the discretion of LOFTY Living. If you booked a stay that does not follow these rules and you did not get approval, you may be subject to cancellation.
- Maximum Stay – The maximum stay is 29 nights. Longer stays may be accommodated if arranged ahead of arrival date. Acceptance is at the sole discretion of LOFTY Living. Guests will be subject to terms of a secondary rental agreement. Properties cannot be sublet by guest at any time.
- Check-In – Check-in time is 4PM (EST). Unavoidable delays may occur and there is a possibility your accommodations may not be ready by 4PM (EST). Your patience will be appreciated. Entry to the building and rooms is done through lock box, so guests do not need to check in with anyone when they arrive. Check-in details will be sent 3 day before arrival.
- Check-Out – Check-out is at 10AM (EST) on the day of your departure. This time is firm as we need to prepare for our next arrival. If you require to stay past check-out, please request upon booking. Please note this is a special allowance and is at the sole discretion of LOFTY Living. Early departures will be charged per the original invoice.
- Damages/Theft – A security deposit of $500 is mandatory. This deposit is pre-authorized on the credit card on file 1 day before arrival and is released 2 days after departure. This security deposit will NOT be collected unless damage is done to the property. If you book one of our properties, you are agreeing to pay up to $500 in potential damages with the card we have on file. Guests assume full financial responsibility for damages due to misuse or negligence and missing items. Prior to check-out, please report any damages that occurred during your stay. Any charges will be discussed with you before your credit card is charged. As a courtesy and so that we can continue to maintain each apartment in good condition, if during your stay you find other items are malfunctioning or require repair, we ask that this information be reported so that it can be rectified. LOFTY Living is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Falsified Reservations – The total number of persons allowed in the unit at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each property. If it is found that extra guests have stayed in the space, additional charges may be applied. There are to be absolutely no parties or events. Any violators will be evicted. Eviction without refund is the penalty. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit and/or balance of rental payment. Guest will not be permitted to check-in.
- Rates – Rental rates are based on property features, location and season. Rates can be found listed on our website and are subject to change without notice. A cleaning fee will be added to all reservations.
- Guarantee Policy – In order to hold or reserve your reservation dates, guests will be required to pay 50% of the total at the time of booking. The residual balance of 50% is due and will be charged on the date of check in. If the guest would like to use a different card for the 2nd payment, please contact LOFTY Living before check in date.
- Cancellations – Guests have up until 14 days from check in date to cancel and be refunded 50% of total booking. If cancellation is received with less than 14 days until check in, the reservation is non-refundable. Once a reservation has been confirmed, any cancellations, date or property changes will be subject to this cancellation policy. No refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures. Event and holiday reservations are non-refundable. Please contact LOFTY Living in the event of cancellation.
- No Pets – We enforce a no pet policy. Exceptions may be made under special circumstances, such as service animals, and must be arranged in advance. A pet deposit may apply if approved. If any evidence of a non-pre-approved pet is found on the premises, you will be asked to vacate immediately and forfeit all rental payments. Any evidence of a pet in your rental property or on the premises may also result in additional charges to the credit card on file.
- Non-Smoking – All properties are non-smoking. Smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited inside all rental units. This includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, and marijuana. Any evidence of smoking found in a rental unit will result in a $150 charge to your credit card on file for additional cleaning and deodorizing.
- Housekeeping – Rates include housekeeping service upon departure only. Guests are responsible for the cleaning of the unit during throughout the stay, as well as for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. Linens, bath towels, robes and slippers are included and not to be taken from the unit. An initial set-up of garbage bags, toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo/conditioner and soap are provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest. Guests may request a mid-stay clean for an additional fee.
- Items Left in Unit – LOFTY Living is not responsible for personal items left in a unit. If items are found and guests wish them returned, there will be a $25 service charge plus shipping costs.
- Furnishings – The furniture is not to be moved or re-arranged and no items that are part of the interior décor are to be taken outside. Additional charges to the credit card on file may occur if the housekeepers have to rearrange the furniture after your stay. Although every effort has been made for accuracy, LOFTY Living is not responsible for errors on this website for property changes made by the owners or for any conditions beyond our control upon arrival. Note: Rental agent represents property to the best of their ability and assumes no liability for errors or omissions.
- Internet Services/Utilities – All properties have complimentary Wi-Fi. Access details will be available in the unit upon arrival. No compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, or internet service. Outages will be reported immediately, and all effort will be made to have them restored as soon as possible.
- Electronics – All units are equipped with Smart TV and Netflix. Access details will be available in the unit upon arrival. Please ensure all remotes and accessories are returned to rightful places at the end of stay. Any missing items will be charged to the credit card on file. No compensation will be given for malfunctions.
- Parking – There is one parking space reserved for each unit. Details will be sent 3 days before your arrival date. Upon booking please enter the license plate number, colour, make and model of your car into the booking form so we can register your car for the dates you will be staying with us. If you do not have your vehicle information at the time of booking for any reason, please note that you are bringing a car in the booking form and get the information to us as soon as possible. Cars that are not registered before arrival will be towed. Visitors are not permitted to park in the lot or designated spaces.
- Noise Policy – Our apartments are located in shared buildings. Out of respect for our other guests, we have strict quiet hours from 10pm to 8am. Please refrain from loud music, loud voices and unnecessary movement between these hours. LOFTY Living reserves the right to fine violators up to $150 and are subject to eviction after 2nd complaint. In addition, please be sure to observe and abide by all rules and regulations that are provided for each property. All guests, as well as owners, are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction.
- Use of Premises – It is agreed that the Premises shall be used only for residential purposes. Tenant in the possession, use and occupancy of the Premises agrees to observe and comply with all restrictions, laws and ordinances affecting the Premises or occupancy thereof. Tenant further agrees that no use shall be made of the Premises, or acts done which will increase the existing rate of insurance upon the Premises or will cause a cancellation of any insurance policy covering the Premises.
- Guest Verification – All guests that book directly on our website must email us a picture of their photo ID or passport to verify their information. All Airbnb guests have already sent their photo ID to Airbnb so this is not necessary for those guests. We do this to stop anyone from booking with a stolen credit card. You must be 25 or older to book a room.
221 Queen Street
Kingston, Ontario, Canada